COVID-19 Policies and Procedures:
Arizona Governor Dug Ducey has announced today 5/4/2020 that Salons can re-open effective Friday 05/08/2020. We hope you have found the information we provided in our previous COVID-19 emails informative, helpful and useful. We are especially Thankful to all of you who have reached out to us during this crisis offering your assistance.
We have started began preparations for the re-opening of Distinctions Salon. And in doing such, we have carefully and intelligently researched ways in which we can provide you and all of our clients services as close to normal as possible without placing you or the staff in harm’s way of the COVID-19 infection.
We have established new procedures for all services offered at the salon. We understand some of the procedures may pose an inconvenience for some of our clients, and for that, we sincerely apologize, but we want you to know, we do so for you to have the utmost confidence that you are safe when you visit the salon for services. We will not be deterred in doing everything possible to ensure your health and safety, and the and health and safety of your family while visiting the salon, even at the cost of losing business.
As we continue to wait for a vaccine which will allow all of us to return to a full normal status, the new procedures will remain in effect until further notice and we will relax the procedures as new additional information available.
We Thank You for your understanding and patience during this difficult period and can’t wait to see you soon.
New Service Procedures:
- Consistent with Social-Distancing Guidelines, our scheduling policy will allow booking no more than 3 clients at a time.
- We have re-configured the salon under Social-Distancing Guidelines and have placed at the entrance floor Stickers. Upon salon entry, we request you wait on the sticker until the receptionist can direct you.
- Check – in Procedure: All clients, upon entry, must sanitize their hands and place on the provided Gloves and Face Masks while you wait for service. Once you enter the main salon area, you will be required to put on the service cape, and all PPE equipment must remain on during your service. We understand if you are undergoing a long service, you may take off your gloves while sitting in your service chair, but if for any reason you have to move about the salon, we request you place your gloves back on.
- While not required, we also have shoe booties covers if you want to use.
- We also have Non – Contact handheld Thermometers and will request a 3 second temperature check upon entry to the salon.
- Unfortunately, No Family Members or Companions will be allowed to wait inside the salon if it will violate the Social-Distancing Guidelines or if there are clients waiting for service.
- No outside food or beverages allowed in the salon.
- We request any purses or bags that you need to bring inside the salon be no larger in size that can fit comfortably in your lap.
- We are discontinuing BEARD TRIMS and FACIAL SHAVES until further notice since that requires to perform the service without facial mask.
- If we do not have an email address for you, we will ask you to update your contact information.
- We also have section off the main salon areas. We ask that once you are in the salon, you remain in the salon until your service has been completed. We must request this because if you leave the salon for any reason, you will have to undergo the check-in procedure again and require new PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
- As some of our services have long durations, we understand emergency situations may require you to step outside the salon to address. We will work with you to provide solutions to such emergency situations.
- If you need to leave the salon during your service for all other non-emergency situations, please be aware we have not increased our pricing to provide you with the costly PPE equipment, and may require additional 10% service charge to cover our cost in such non-emergency re-entry.
- If you are a new client, we will require contact information from you to document anyone who has entered the salon.
- If possible, we request you pay for you service using a credit or debit card to reduce the handling of potentially contaminated cash. We will, however, accept cash as a form of payment.
- We will not mark/punch loyalty cards, instead, we will keep track of your haircuts in your profile electronically
New Operational Policies:
Distinctions Salon continues to implement best practices and follow guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control, and our local health organizations. To give customers the peace of mind when they come in for services, we are also enhancing operational procedures for Stylists, and Service Reps. These procedures include:
- All personnel will be wearing Gloves, Facial Masks and aprons.
- Not Shaking Hands.
- Ensuring Social-Distancing Guidelines so you can maintain a reasonable distance between other clients while in the salon during your time of service.
- We will provide clean capes, robes, and towels to each client.
- The PPE equipment is available to you at no extra cost. The gloves and shoe covers are disposable, and the cloth face masks, capes and towels will be properly clean and disinfected after each use.
- We have also implemented frequent sanitizing of all surfaces and after each client visit.
- Chairs, Counters, Washbowls, Door Handles, All Bathroom Surfaces, Computers, Computer mouse and keyboards.
- We also provide hand sanitizer throughout the salon and additional sanitizers in our restrooms.
- Additionally, we have requested of all our clients, if you are experiencing any symptoms to please seek medical attention and we will reschedule your appointment when you are feeling well.
We take our responsibility of providing you with the best salon practices and services very seriously. And at every step, we want to be sure that we continue to earn your trust. During this time of heightened health awareness when our clients are more likely to stay home, We want to assure you that you can continue to count on us to deliver a clean, safe, and healthy environment when you visit Distinctions Salon.